For those who are having to still attempt to commute into my ward in the City of London this week, I’ve tried to consolidate the best advice and guidance as at midnight on 21st June. This is specific to Liverpool Street Station.
Network Rail: Travel information
Due to industrial action, there will be a special railway timetable in operation across England, Scotland and Wales from Monday 21 to Sunday 26 June (inclusive). Only around half of Britain’s rail network will be open on strike days with a very limited service running on lines that are open between 07:30 and 18:30.
- Map showing railway lines that are open during strike days (JPG, 555 KB)
- Map showing railway lines that are open during strike days (PDF, 1 MB)
Know the time of your last train and only travel by train if necessary on strike days. You can find out more about refunds and cross ticket acceptance by visiting National Rail’s website.
On the days that follow the strikes (Wednesday 22, Friday 24 and Sunday 26 June) the whole network will reopen but some disruption is still expected on these days.
Check your journey by visiting National Rail or your train operating company’s website.
Transport for London: Travel information
TfL services and national rail will be affected by strikes from Tue 21 to Sun 26 June.
- London-wide strikes affecting Tube and other TfL services on Tuesday 21 June and services until mid-morning on Wednesday 22 June
- National rail strikes on Tuesday 21, Thursday 23 and Saturday 25 June affecting Elizabeth line and London Overground services, and some Tube services, on strike days and until mid-morning on the days after strikes
On Tuesday 21 June
- Avoid travel if possible
- Most TfL and national rail services will be severely disrupted or not running, including:
- The Tube
- London Overground
- The Elizabeth line
- London Trams
- National rail (nationwide)
- Buses, the DLR and any other services which are running will be extremely busy with queues to board
- If you have to travel, finish your Tube or rail journey by 18:00
- London Overground services will run 07:30-18:30
On Wednesday 22 June
- No Tube services will run before 08:00
- Avoid making Tube journeys until mid-morning – disruption is likely to continue
- Reduced service on the London Overground and Elizabeth line until mid-morning
On Thursday 23 to Sunday 26 June
- Strikes on national rail services (nationwide) on Thurs 23 and Sat 25 June
- Reduced service on the London Overground and Elizabeth line (where TfL uses national rail assets) as well as parts of the Tube on Thurs 23 and Sat 25 June
- London Overground services will run a reduced service from 07:30 on Thurs 23 and Sat 25 June. Complete your journey by 18:00
- Disruption following strikes likely on the Tube, Elizabeth line and London Overground on Friday 24 and Sun 26 June
What to do
- On Tuesday 21 June, avoid travelling if you can. If you need to travel, complete your journey before 18:00
- On Wednesday 22 June, avoid travelling on the Tube before mid-morning
- On Wednesday 22, Friday 24 and Sunday 26 June:
- Avoid travelling on the Overground before mid-morning
- Check Tube and Elizabeth lines before you travel
- If you need to travel, expect severe disruption, Allow more time for your journey. Consider walking or cycling if possible.
- Plan your journey
- Check before you travel
- Download the TfL Go app
- Find bus maps of London by area